Art Experiences offers unique professional art and craft related experiences nationwide promoted through this website. The following terms and conditions are binding when a purchase is made or validated through www.artexperiences.co.uk
All those who purchase an experience should please make sure they are clear about these terms and conditions.
Art Experiences Pricing
Prices displayed on our website are correct to the best of our knowledge and monitored daily. Art Experiences reserve the right to amend pricing at various times in the year. In the unlikely event of an experience being purchased at an accidental incorrect price, we will look to honour the purchase, or if this is not possible a refund will be made within 14 days.
Most Art Experiences options are day courses and the duration of the experience will be clearly stated on our website. This duration should be considered an approximation of the experience offered and may vary slightly. Art Experiences are unique in that experiences offered are of a personal ‘one-on-one’ nature. Some experiences are part of a group however if so this will be clearly stated in the experience description.
Each Art Experiences offering is presented on our website with a description, content and imagery relating specifically to that experience. Descriptions are not generalised. Art Experiences reserve the right to update and change descriptions and imagery. Wherever possible imagery used relates specifically to each experience, however on occasion Art Experiences may also add representational images to give an indication of an experience. If you wish to bring a guest with you as a spectator on your experience this is often possible at no additional fee.
Bookings & Availability
All Art Experiences are subject to availability and should be purchased in advance wherever possible to increase the number of booking dates available. For example in the case of securing an experience at a weekend, holiday period or special occasion such as a birthday, Christmas or anniversary. If an Art Experience package is required at short notice please call 020 7738 9237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not book accommodation or make travel arrangements for any specific dates relating to your experience until your chosen booking date has been confirmed. Art Experiences will work closely with you to secure a date convenient for you to enjoy your experience, however in the unlikely event that a convenient date cannot be agreed within the validity date of your purchased experience Art Experiences cannot be held responsible. If an Art Experiences provider encounters a situation out of their control which requires them to alter an experience on the day, for example a mechanical failure of some kind, the provider has the right to make a reasonable and appropriate substitution.
Please ensure that you read carefully the experience description before purchasing and raise any questions if you are concerned about safety relating to health, allergies, Studio location or products used. Some experiences may require a minimum age or other requirement that could affect your experience. It is the responsibility of the individual attending the experience to ask any questions or check for any requirements, Art Experiences works closely with all our unique experience providers to ensure that as much detail as possible is listed in the description of each experience.
Please arrive to the Studio in plenty of time as some providers may wish to offer you a safety briefing or supply you with protective clothing, aprons, goggles, brushes and other equipment which may have a set up time associated with it. Art Experiences operate a zero tolerance policy in regards to alcohol and drugs and individuals should not consume before any of the experiences offered. Alcohol offered as part of a purchased experience, for example where an experience includes a lunch including a glass of wine or champagne is at the risk and discretion of the individual. Experience providers reserve the right to refuse individuals suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Experience Providers Responsibilities & Liability
Art Experiences has painstakingly selected the most professional artists and craftsmen in their field as experience providers however Art Experiences shall not be held responsible for the safety standards or the quality or delivery of the experience provided. Art Experiences cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you whilst attending an experience, in the unlikely event of an issue the experience provider shall be held solely responsible. Certain factors such as severe weather conditions, power cuts or mechanical failure should be considered beyond reasonable control of experience providers or Art Experiences and neither party should be considered liable if a cancellation or postponement is required. Art Experiences make every effort to work with experience providers to ensure Studio spaces and equipment are of a good standard however we do not carry out inspections. The total liability for an experience provider or Art Experiences for any claim considered to be breeching the terms and conditions is limited to the price of the experience purchased.
The artist supplier agrees that the experience they supply to Art Experiences shall not be provided directly to a customer and cannot be purchased through any other website. A customer introduced to an artist through Art Experiences remains the sole contact of Art Experiences in regards to future bookings. Any further communications should be directed back through Art Experiences via email email@example.com.
Refunds & Cancellations
1) Purchases are not eligible for a refund if you are forced to cancel because minimum requirements stated cannot be met. 2) In the event of a cancellation for reasons outside of an experience providers control such as severe weather, mechanical failure, illness or other affecting your experience resulting in a cancellation, every effort shall be made by Art Experiences to reschedule a date for you with the experience provider. We suggest that you contact your experience provider 24hrs in advance to check for any unforeseen issues. 3) In the unlikely event of a cancellation under these circumstance the experience provider and Art Experiences shall not be held responsible for any costs incurred. 4) In the unlikely event of an Art Experiences package being terminated without warning during the lifetime of a purchased experience an equivalent or alternative experience shall be suggested. If this is not suitable a credit will be offered to redeem against an alternative package of the purchasers choice.
Art Experiences abide by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and offer a full refund policy on experiences purchased within 14 days of receipt to the original payee and payment method used.
No refunds will be made on purchases more than 14 days after receipt however a credit can be issued if still within the validity date of the experience which can be used against any alternative Art Experiences offering.
Once an experience has been activated and an email confirmation has been received no refund can be made.
All refunds will incur a £25 or 25% administration fee, whichever is greater.
In the unlikely event of an issue with one of our experience providers please do bring to our attention via email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work hard on your behalf to remedy the situation. We will endeavor to respond within 48 hours of receiving your complaint.
Art Experiences Package Validation
When you purchase an experience you will be emailed with a unique reference number which will identify your purchase, it is your responsibility to ensure you keep this securely for reference. Art Experiences cannot be held responsible for any loss of this confirmation email which may result in identity fraud.
All Art Experiences packages are valid for 6 months and the validity term will be clearly stated in your confirmation email. You may extend the validity of your purchase for a further 3 months if no suitable date has been secured for you to enjoy your experience within the validity period. There is an administration fee of £25 for this service. An experience purchased may only be extended once.
Art Experiences packages are issued online in a format that can be printed easily as an attractive gift. This avoids any possible delays with postal deliveries and ensures packages can be issued as gifts at short notice. Your selected Art Experiences package is delivered via email to the email address entered by the purchaser. It is your responsibility to mark our email address as ‘not spam’ to avoid any delays or missed emails. If a hard copy gift pack is preferred please request this at time of purchase and refer to the delivery options.
Exchanges & Flexible Credit
Art Experiences packages can be exchanged for credit to put towards an alternative package but only prior to activation. In this instance you can also exchange your package for credit to be used at a different time and for an alternative package within the original validity period stated. The credit will no longer be available to spend once the 6 month validity has expired.
On occasion Art Experiences reserve the right to issue limited special offer experiences at short notice. These experiences will not be eligible for a refund and cannot be altered in any way or refunded.
General Data Protection Regulation 2018 Compliance
Art Experiences has a transparency promise and we are happy to answer any questions you may have either as a customer or experience providing artist. Please email us at email@example.com
- How we use and protect your data
- Who are we?
We are Art Experiences, a privately owned company.
- How do we collect information from you?
We may obtain information about you when you contact us or interact with our social media, for example, when you contact us with an enquiry or experience booking, if you directly give us any information via forms including our website booking form, or request to receive email newsletters and special offers.
- What type of information is collected from you?
In running and operating the business, Art Experiences and Minna George Studio may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of our products and services. Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal details to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes. The data that we collect is detailed below:
- The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address and postal address. This information is recorded for the purposes of data analysis, to improve our marketing efforts and for targeting specific events, services and products.
- Information you provide to us by sending us an electronic message. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
- Information that you provide us as a result of filling in forms, such as registering your interest in and experience, becoming a supplier artist or making a purchase.
- We may use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google will store this information.
- If you make a purchase from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below. Only if a supplier artist registers bank details with us shall we hold bank name, account number and sort code to ensure their experience payment is made and this will be at the clear understanding of the artist.
- IP Addresses: Our website may collect information about your computer, including but not limited to your IP address, operating system and browser type for operational purposes and to produce internal reports. This is statistical data relating to a web user’s browsing actions and patterns and does not specifically identify you as an individual.
- How is your information used?
We may use your information:
- to ensure that our website is presented in the most efficient way for you and the computer that you are using;
- to enable you to participate in interactive features either on our website or electronic messages, for example an experience bookings link;
- to provide you with information relating to Art Experiences or the Minna George Studio, our website, events, products or services;
- to provide you with other information we feel may be of interest to you;
- to process a booking you have made;
- to meet our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- to seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- to notify you about any changes to our communications, website, events, services or products;
- to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about new experiences, events, offers, information about Art Experiences the Minna George Studio, relationships created for customer and supplier artist benefit, replies to emails and experience enquiries/confirmations;
- to target you with specific offers via our chosen social media channels;
- after your attendance at an experience or event you may be invited to submit a guest review, which may ask for information about an artist and your experience. By completing a guest review, you are agreeing that it can be displayed on, for example, our website or our social media channels; to inform other guests about your experience.
- for our internal purposes including statistical or survey purposes, quality control and evaluation in order to improve our services;
- to notify you of Art Experiences and Minna George Studio activity that may be of interest to you.
- Who has access to your information?
- How do I opt out?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us, you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any marketing emails we send to you.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and request for your details to be removed.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
- Your rights as a data subject
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at email@example.com
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required. We will only accept an official valid form of ID such as driving license or passport when information on your personal data is requested. If we are dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use of ‘cookies’
- Links to other websites
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children under the age of 18 and ask that individuals under this age please obtain parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information. Supplier artists who offer courses for children will be verified by the official Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) formerly known as the CRB check that was replaced on the 1st March 2013.
- Transferring your information outside of Europe
It is possible that the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy. If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
- Third Party Processing
We may utilise the services of third party organisations to process your personal data. As the data controller we determine the purpose and means of the processing of your personal data. Where your data is processed by any third party on our behalf that third party is a processor under the GDPR. We confirm that we take steps in order to ensure that this data is processed lawfully under the law in accordance with each agreement that we have in place with each processor.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed please contact us:
Data Protection, Art Experiences, 256 Lavender Hill, London SW11 1LJ
- Review of this Policy